The Raspberry Compute Modules 3 are suitable for designers who are happy with Raspberry Pi3 functionality but require a smaller form factor (67.6 mm x 31 mm) for their embedded designs.
These modules are DDR2-SODIMM, mechanically-compatible System on Modules (SoMs) containing a BCM2837 processor System on Chip (SoC) with 1 Gbyte LPDDR2 RAM and 4 Gbytes eMMC Flash memory. Also, these modules have extra input/output (I/O) interfaces in addition to the Raspberry Pi model A/B boards.
- The Compute Module 3 contains the guts of a Raspberry Pi 3 as well as an optional 4GB eMMC Flash.
- The Pi 3 has a processor speed of 1.2GHz and runs at roughly 10 times the speed of the Pi 1 due to its quad-core CPU.
- This is all integrated on to a small board which fits into a standard DDR2 SODIMM connector.
- The Flash memory is connected directly to the processor on the board, but the remaining processor interfaces are available to the user via the connector pins.
- The Compute Modules 3 brings the SD card interface to the Module pins so a user can wire this up to an eMMC or SD card of their choice.
- 1 GB LPDDR2 RAM
- Core Architecture: ARM
- Core Sub-Architecture: Cortex-A53
- Silicon Core Number: BCM2837
- Product Dimensions: 67.6mm x 31.0mm x 2.5mm (Approx.)
- Product Weight: 6.1g / 0.2oz (Approx.)
- 1 x Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3